Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Y The Last Man

So I was reading a couple blogs talking about new comic-movies in the works. They referenced "scrapping the barrel" for B-grade series, except this one: Y The Last Man. What got me interested was all the fanboy talk of the difficulty "one" film would be. See, it's a series that gets more complex as it goes... I know, I know, look at X-Men and Spidey; both complex series with a massive history and storyline... What I was getting at is I agree with all the fanboys that this would make a fantastic HBO or SHO series. Toss in some high production costs, some A-talent; would make for a killer series.

So, what's it about? From Amazon:

A mysterious plague has killed every man on earth except Yorick Brown, who was somehow spared. That is the provocative premise of the comics series whose first five issues make up this book. The sole Y-chromosomed survivor is an amiable, headstrong young man, the son of a U.S. congresswoman and, as it happens, an amateur escape artist. He spends most of the story on the run from a tribe of self-styled Amazons bent on eliminating the last vestige of patriarchy. He is also trying, with a bioengineer who may be responsible for the worldwide "gendercide," to figure out why he survived; hoping to reach his girlfriend in Australia; and, of course, contemplating the repopulation of the planet.
After reading the first book I was blown away. Just went out over lunch to get the rest of the published series. Not since Sin City have I been this into a book, and I've been out of the graphic novels for some time. More when I get into the series.

No comments: