Thursday, August 02, 2007

Etiquette Training | Who Knew?

So my company setup etiquette training for the entire staff. Mostly perceived as "silly" or "I've got better things to do" by those I spoke to about it prior, but I was optimistic (a first; I know). It was really rather informative. Our instructor was perfect for the group I was in. Now I have a manual for all the inappropriate things I've been doing all these years in the professional game. Basic things like hand-shake method, zones of appropriate eye contact, where a name tag should be placed (right side, closer to your shoulder), and conversation tools to help with an unknown group. It was good stuff.

My favorite quote:

"...you can get Botox injections under your arms to help with heavy perspration issues..."
Want another one? Here you go:
"...if you do have sweaty hands, you can use deoderant (one with no smell) on your hands prior to an engagement to help..."
Last one:
"...Rabbi's wives don't shake hands..."
Again, who knew?

No comments: