Friday, August 17, 2007

I love comments | Delving into the world of online one-liners

It can be the forum community on any of my Porsche sites I frequent, the comments on Digg, the chatter on Rotten Tomatoes / IMDB... some of the stuff in here is hysterical. I try and stay clear of the really ugly and mean discussions, but for those that comment and use wit to elevate a ridiculous story I raise a glass of electrolyte enhanced water to you. I've read multiple things this morning that have caused me to openly laugh here in the office. Granted, I tend to snicker and chuckle (who the hell chuckles) now and again (and who the hell says "now and again"), but to laugh out loud (lol for those in the know... man, I'm even more of a looser today for some reason) at a comment thread, that doesn't happen much.

So when I read, in reference to a posting over at Reddit about a stupid picture of a lonely dog in the rain:

"When are you coming back, Phillip J. Fry? (link to comment thread)"
That just freaking had me on the floor (if you are a fan of Futurama, like I am, you get it... maybe not that funny, but it hit a nerve).

Or, when over at Digg someone posted an application to test if you happen to have Autistic Tendencies (the site is down at the time this posting was posted):
"Hey! fuck you test! just because I don't like people doesn't mean I'm autistic! (link to comment thread)"
I mean, I'm still laughing at that. I don't know if it's because I can see myself saying (writing) the same thing, or if my medication is reacting to all these new electrolytes in my system, but some of these anonymous people out here are freaking great. Most are self-serving jackasses who enjoy belittling the masses, but some of you are freaking great (no, not you, them; them over there).

No comments: