Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Vertu Ferrari Phone

I hate being sick, but I love finding ways for cross branding opportunities - too bad this is a shit idea. The Vertu Ferrari phone is being released to commemorate 60 years of Ferrari (again, why a phone???). I was reading about it in my Stuff magazine (I know, talk about a lot of useless information in this months issue). 1,947 will be offered as a limited release (get it, 1947... 60 years... come-on people, keep up). The back is apparently a reproduction of a break peddle (not going to make any more fun of this phone that hasn't already been done on the blogs so far). What does it cost? Well I'm still a little fuzzy, and my reference magazine is upstairs, but I believe it was in the $7K range (give or take). Granted, a lot less expensive hen a real Ferrari, but I doubt the resale will be any good. Stuff did have a shot of the display, and the graphics looked pixelated and crappy. For $7K+/- my graphics better be a hell of a nicer then my t-mobile crack phone!

No comments: