Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Teen is charged in mother's death...


This is all I've been hearing about on the BUZZ. The ride home yesterday, the ride in this AM. All the VJs are really messed up about it. Seems a 16 year old Honor Roll student had an off day and possibly stabbed her mother. She's being tried as adult. The Kansas City Star has the story.

What I found interesting on Lazlo's program last night was his honest attempt to find out if there had been anything he missed. The BUZZ has a chat room that this girl (I'm sorry, even if she is being charged as an adult she's still just a kid) posted a number of times. General conversations, comments, images (of herself), general intelligent bullshit. Lazlo even called Dr. Drew to get his thoughts on the whole situation. Dr. Drew ran a number of possibilities on what could have caused the stabbing one of which is the use of drugs. He went on to talk about the effects of SPEED. The catch slogan that was coined in the 70's "Speed Kills" doesn't refer to the fact that by using SPEED you will die, but prolonged use will create the illusion of sever paranoia mixed with strong rage and the desire to physically hurt someone.

I know nothing about the situation other than what I've heard on the radio, read in the newspaper and researched on her BLOG and chatroom posts. I don't know if she was abused, was even ON drugs or has any mental illnesses. I am confident, currently living here in KC that I will find out more details, but doubt anyone will even understand the real reasons.

I mean, christ, BTK is still going on here, what the hell is next? I need a drink.

No comments: