Tuesday, August 23, 2005

912 no more


On a totally unrelated note (I know, stabbings are a lot more interesting) I just got an e-mail from my baby's new owner. Yes, I sold one of my children. Screw YOU society; I should be able to sell ANYTHING I WANT! Obviously I'm referring to my 1966 Porsche and not an actual child.

She had been on the market for just about three months. Shit loads of inquires, a couple test drives, and one final buyer. I had just got back from showing her and I got an e-mail. He was interested, of course. We chatted back and forth on gmail. I was tired, and even more tired of these guys never getting back to me. I said "John, if you really want her, send me a deposit and I'll pull the listings..." He says "Ok, how much?" I was dumbfounded. Why didn't you pull that one SOONER dumbass!?!?

Wouldn't you know it, after driving her back from the last showing she wouldn't crank over. The guys over at 912bbs gave me a shit-storm of an "idiot, what you are describing isn't possible! Why not tell us what isn't working and WE'LL tell you what is wrong..." I love being stupid. So, the good people at Imagine Auto changed some wires, bolted a relay back on, and she fired right up. Actually, she drove better after that one modification that she ever did in my possession. GOD DAMN IT!

So John flew in from Denver, drove her back and she started acting the same way again? But this is what he sends me:

"I love her.

Got the Whale tail ready to go on but the sun roof didn't work out so well considering I was probably using the wrong tools...I thought a can opener would work but I guess I was wrong.

Seriously I have only buffed her with a diaper. She is going in for her doctor visit on Thursday and I have checked to see if the starter has some loose wiring but could not find any problems with the starter motor wiring or the booster wiring. I guess that is where the professionals come in right?

Thanks again, I can not say that enough."


She's a dream car. He'll love her for years to come. Part of me hates him.

No comments: