Wednesday, February 06, 2008

TimeWarner Kills Me | or Panera Saved Me

Cable is out. So is Internet & Phone. Has been since yesterday AM. I called TimeWarner yesterday to multiple busy signals, one dropped call and a wait time I simply couldn't handle with the meetings I had. Weather was a little bad, so I figured someone in my hood would have called. Well, after OVER an hour on hold with them this AM turns out a tech has to come look. Seems "critters" like the low voltage and vibration and may be the cause of my issue. My isolated issue. No one else seems to be experiencing my issues. So when I'm told they can't get anyone out till TOMORROW from 11am - 2pm, I'm a little pissed. His response:

"well if you had called yesterday..."
"I DID call yesterday to busy signals and too long of a wait time..."
"I understand..."

Bullshit he understands, I'm the guy who's literally OUT. Odd thing is I just had them out to take my HD box and swap it with HD Cards for my HD Tivo. All my HD channels work great, but regular network looks like ass; apparently a strong indicator of an issue... no shit.

So due to the weather Panera isn't as busy as usual (so my wife tells me) and we are able to sit here and get some work done online without being that couple that people glare at taking up a table on their lunch hour. So thank you Panera.

And TimeWarner, I know shit happens. Animals chewing on my lines; it happens. Little faster response time on the phone would be nice. Little faster response time on fixing the problem (as in, SAME DAY) would also be nice. The rep I spoke with was friendly enough (bit if a dick at first but warmed up; actually, he got detailed-personal which weirded me out). Technology fails. It's the fixing part where you have the opportunity to shine.

No comments: