Saturday, January 19, 2008

AppleTV | Thought I was getting the updated version

How excited was I? I didn't really care about the Air, but AppleTV (or ATV as us cool kids call it) was exactly what I wanted the previous version to be. I watched the demo with the alternative-chick telling me all about the new interface, the HD content access, and the ability to rent movies right from the box! I was sold, especially with the price drop. I ordered, and days later (last night) I had my new toy! Pissed, as it were, is what I was/am/and will continue to be.

Oh, I listened to them tell me EXISTING customers would be allowed a free software update download in 2 weeks, but never did they say NEW customers would have to wait AS WELL!?!? I was expecting to see my new interface, the ability to download movies right from ATV as opposed to downloading from iTunes THEN syncing to ATV (which I did last night for LOST season 2; talk about a long ass time for THAT pain in the ass).

Bullshit. Seems I jumped the gun and will have to wait along with the other ATV guys/girls. Anyway, I'm leaving all judgment till the first part of Feb.

Last thing... why the hell when I downloaded LOST season 2 from iTunes are a handful of episodes NOT wide-screen... and random episodes at that?

No comments: