Thursday, November 09, 2006

So, my headache could get me a bloody mouth?

From WashingtonPost.com:

"A major manufacturer of store-brand acetaminophen recalled 11 million bottles of the pain-relieving pills Thursday after discovering some were contaminated with metal fragments. There were no immediate reports of injuries or illness."
The article goes on to say:
"Consumers who swallow any of the contaminated pills could suffer minor stomach discomfort or possible cuts to the mouth and throat, the FDA said, adding that the risk of serious injury was remote. Anyone who suspects they have been injured should contact their doctor, the agency said."
So doc, I had this back ache, but you don't know the half of it - I take some over the counter pills and I start bleeding from my mouth! Should I be worried? Is this, dare I ask, a normal side effect that I just missed on the warning lable?

How the hell do you get "metal fragments" into your pills? What's next, feces in our burgers - of yeah, too late.

No comments: