Tuesday, October 16, 2007

White Stripes Holga - Got Mine

Well, after reading this article I had to grab one - that's right gang, I just purchased one of 3000 "Jack" inspired Holga's. I didn't opt for both Jack and Meg because, well, they are a bit pricey. The site was down all afternoon, so I was freaking pleased that I could finally get though. Now, lets hope they don't accept all orders then notify users that "sorry, we be all out...suka..." because that would piss me off more then them telling me from the get-go. I have a confirmation number, so I'll wait and see.

From the website/article:

‘Jack’ Holga Flash Camera Starter Kit:
Created in the 1980s the Holga is an all-plastic icon of camera design. It produces totally unique images, dripping with color and contrast. This limited edition Holga color flash camera has been renamed ‘JACK’ and features customized packaging and printed camera logos and comes with three lens filters: red, clear and peppermint. Package includes: Holga Color Flash Camera with red and clear color flash gels, a set of three custom filters, fisheye lens, The World through a Plastic Lens photo book, one 120 film roll, two “AA” batteries, editorial poster, and multilingual instruction manual. The camera uses all varieties of medium format 120 film.
Should be here in a couple weeks. Will I be taking it out of the box? Doubtful. I've got well over 40 different cameras that I'd rather get a Hulga and shoot that then open this slice of "pop" art.

No comments: