Monday, October 15, 2007

Dick Move .:or:. How Old Are You?

I'm a bit of a dick - and the people who read this will agree with me. Especially since most of my readers are my family (hi mom). Now, for this particular dick example I will ask you to look to the right side of my blog... scroll down a little... ok, see it now? That's correct - I am actually displaying my Amazon Wish List as a feed on my blog. Pathetic, I know. But I have a whole slew of reasons this isn't that bad of an idea:

  • Holidays are coming up
  • I like stuff
  • Sometimes you get me stuff
  • I've been telling people of late when they ask "what do you want?" that "nothing..." is fine to be polite and they actually get me nothing... now they don't have to ask, they can just check out the feed
  • This is the stuff I really want, not that crap you normally get me
  • You don't have to leave your house (prison cell - hi mom)
  • And on, and on, and on...
So, where does the dick part fit in? Well, as most of you know, when I want something I just go and buy it, which leaves little for anyone who cares (very few, trust me - who care; and stuff I guess). How old am I you ask, that I have a running tally of crap I want other people to buy me? How egocentric am I to think people even care about junk I want from Amazon? Only jackasses keep a running online tally of what they've spent on their ridiculous Porsche (I didn't mean it baby, I'm just trying to make a point)? That's right people - here the F I am.

Oh, and UTZ are always loved and shared.

No comments: