Saturday, April 08, 2006

Sight To Behold

What people here in the mid-west don't seem to understand is that there is a utopia out there hidden from them. Sure, Kansas City has things like kick-ass bar b q, very friendly people, and crazy light traffic (trust me, you don't KNOW bad traffic if this is all you've ever experienced)...but you are unaware of a simple pleasure that so very close to my heart; UTZ potato chips.

See, you can only get them on the east coast (right right, you can find pretzels at Sams or Costco, but not the CHIPS people). I grew up with these all natural chips. Backyard crab feasts with UTZ. Picking with UTZ. Comfort food UTZ. When I discovered that MSG was slowly killing me and I would no longer be able to eat Bar B Q chips, SourCream and Onion or even *gasp* no more Cool Ranch I was devastated. But you see, UTZ doesn't USE MSG like all the other brands of chips so I'm SAFE! But I can't GET them here - unless I get cases SHIPPED to me that is!

So thanks again to my wife for the wonderful present (see, my folks and my cousin Moe sent me a couple boxes when I had sinus surgery a couple moths ago). And no, you can't have any.

No comments: