Friday, April 07, 2006

30 plus a day

10951 days I have been on this earth. As far back as I can remember I have been obsessed with cars - specifically fast cars. Porsches always attracted me due to the pristine lines, engines, handling, and out and out power. While at Digex I started seriously researching sports vehicles: Volvo 1800s, Austin Healy Sprite, and the Porsche 912. I figured a Porsche would be out of my reach for a long time till I discovered the little known (to me) 4 cyl classic Porsche with the 911 look: 912. I have a whole site dedicated to the 912, specifically my first Porsche.

I sold her (the 912 that is) for a number of reasons, but mainly to get a 911. As much as I love the 912s (and I plan on having more when I have the space) I needed more POWER. I looked at the 944 Turbo S, older (70s) 911s, but really fell in love with the 1989-1992 AWD 911 Carrera 4. Anyhow, I now have a whole site dedicated to my new Porsche as well, so I'll end this history lesson here.

I am now 30 years old. I wanted to accomplish a number of things before I hit this mark, especially since I didn't think I'd make it this far. Now I have to make a whole new list of things I want to accomplish for the next 30 years - I think I'll start with the next 10 to be safe.

Love you mom & dad, love you jen & mark & kids, love you tammy & chris & kids, love you karen & jim, love you mildred & roy, love you ruth & jack, love you ty & chloe, and especially love a certin person named kara.

No comments: