Sunday, October 16, 2005

Who says miniature golf is a safe sport?

No, this isn't me after a drunken brawl on Saturday night licking my wounds (like I'd post pictures of that - ok, I might). No, this is what happens when you have children - anything!

As the story goes - he's repeating it to every person at Children's ensuring that his loving parents didn't inflict the damage themselves (which I can respect to ensure there hasn't been and abuse, but still it's mildly unnerving). He was at Paradise Park, they were outside playing Putt-Putt, he was inbetween the slacker kids and the fast moving kids, he hits a "square shaped block on the ground..." and catches himself with his nose. Now, the swelling has yet to go down (it's been less then 24 hours), but the doctors asked us to check to see if he in fact has broken his nose. My wife asks me frantically "What do we DO if it's broken???" Ummm, watch him grow up with a crooked nose? That's about it. Besides, it looks cool. By the time he's 10 the story will go something like this "so there I was, 25 8th graders about to pounce, me being only 6 at the time, I had to think fast...thank god for that military training...it's about all that saved me..."

So to this he got no staples, no stiches, and no shots - a good day in his mind. His reward? Cartoons, donuts, Wendy's and a little extra room on his bedtime. Oh, and can you believe my wife had never eaten a Big Mac till last night?

No comments: